Asked by: Seth Macleodtechnology and computing antivirus software
How do I export a website certificate?
Last Updated: 22nd January, 2020
- Click the Secure button (a padlock) in an address bar.
- Click the Show certificate button.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Click the Export button.
- Specify the name of the file you want to save the SSLcertificate to, keep the “Base64-encoded ASCII, singlecertificate” format and click the Save button.
Click to see full answer.
Beside this, how do I export a certificate?
Export (or Backup) a Certificate
- Step 1: Create a Microsoft Management Console (MMC)Snap-in.
- Step 2: Export the certificate.
- Open the Certificates (Local Computer) snap-in and clickPersonal > Certificates from the left hand pane.
- Right-click on the desired certificate and click All Tasks >Export.
One may also ask, how do you find the certificate of a website? Accessing Certificates Via AddressBar You can also view an SSL certificate directlyfrom the address bar. Click on the padlock icon to the right of thewebsite's address and then click the "ViewCertificate" link. The Certificate dialog box willopen.
Also to know is, how do I export a certificate from a website chrome?
- Open Google Chrome.
- Select Show Advanced Settings > Manage Certificates.
- Select the certificate you wanted to export then click "Export"button then next.
- Now, you will get a "Certificate Export Wizard" box.
- Select "No, do not export the private key" then clicknext.
- Select "DER encoded binary x.509(.cer) then click next.
How do I add a website as a trusted certificate?
Importing Trusted CA Certificates into the WindowsCertificate Store
- Start Menu, click Run… and type mmc.
- In MMC, File->Add/Remove Snap-in… and click the Addbutton.
- Select Certificates from the list of snap-ins and clickAdd.