Asked by: Detlef Indamenditechnology and computing smartphones
How do I find Android support library version?
Last Updated: 3rd March, 2020
- Android Studio > Tools > Android > SDKManager
- Extras > Android Support Library: See the Rev. numbere.g. (21.0. 3).
Click to see full answer.
Then, what is the Android support library?
The Android Support Library package is a set ofcode libraries that provide backward-compatible versions ofAndroid framework APIs as well as features that are onlyavailable through the library APIs. Each SupportLibrary is backward-compatible to a specific Android APIlevel.
One may also ask, what are third party libraries in Android?
- 7 Third-Party Dependencies Every Android Developer ShouldKnow.
- OkHttp (com.squareup.okhttp3:okhttp)
- GSON (com.google.code.gson:gson)
- Retrofit (com.squareup.retrofit2:retrofit)
- Glide (com.github.bumptech.glide:glide)
- Butter Knife (com.jakewharton:butterknife)
- Crashlytics (com.crashlytics.sdk.android:crashlytics)
Beside this, how do I know which version of Android Studio is installed?
Appearance & Behaviour > System Settings >Updates. Here, both the current version and the build numberare shown. While entering into the android studio project,Ontop of the Window you can see the version number. And lookat "Current Version", where it will tell you whichAndroid Studio version you are using.
What is the purpose of AppCompat library?
1 Answer. When new versions of android are published,Google will have to support the older versions of android. SoAppCompat is a set of support libraries which can beused to make the apps developed with newer versions work with olderversions.