Asked by: Naziha Englischtechnology and computing databases
How do I find duplicates in an Excel workbook?
Last Updated: 23rd April, 2020
- Select the cells you want to check for duplicates.
- Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight CellsRules > Duplicate Values.
- In the box next to values with, pick the formatting you want toapply to the duplicate values, and then click OK.
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, how do I find duplicates in an entire Excel workbook?
One way to do so is to click on a single cell and thenpress Ctrl-A. On Excel's Home tab, choose ConditionalFormatting, Highlight Cells Rules, and then DuplicateValues. Click OK within the Duplicate Values dialog box toidentify the duplicate values. Duplicatevalues in the list will now be identified.
Also Know, how do I filter duplicates in Excel? Follow these steps:
- Select the range of cells, or ensure that the active cell is ina table.
- On the Data tab, click Remove Duplicates (in the Data Toolsgroup).
- Do one or more of the following:
- Click OK, and a message will appear to indicate how manyduplicate values were removed, or how many unique valuesremain.
Likewise, how do I compare two Excel spreadsheets for duplicates?
Select both columns of data that you want tocompare. On the Home tab, in the Styles grouping, under theConditional Formatting drop down choose Highlight Cells Rules, thenDuplicate Values. On the Duplicate Values dialog boxselect the colors you want and click OK. Notice Unique is also achoice.
How do I cross reference duplicates in Excel?
Here are the steps to do this:
- Select the entire data set.
- Click the Home tab.
- In the Styles group, click on the 'Conditional Formatting'option.
- Hover the cursor on the Highlight Cell Rules option.
- Click on Duplicate Values.
- In the Duplicate Values dialog box, make sure 'Duplicate' isselected.
- Specify the formatting.