Asked by: Rozanne Molodchinintechnology and computing operating systems
How do I find HyperTerminal in Windows 7?
Last Updated: 1st March, 2020
- Open the Windows XP media, navigate to the I386folder,and copy the 4 HYPERTRM. * files (. CH_, . DL_, . EX_ and .HL_) toa local folder.
- Open a command prompt at the folder where you copied thefourfiles.
- Expand them with the EXPAND command:
Click to see full answer.
Herein, how do I open Terminal on Windows 7?
Click the "Start" button to opentheStart menu. Open the "All Programs" menu, followedbythe "Accessories" option. Select the "Command Prompt" optionfromthe "Accessories" menu to open a command-lineinterfacesession in a new window on the computer. So this way youcanopen the Terminal.
Beside above, does Windows 10 have HyperTerminal? Even though HyperTerminal is not a partofWindows 10, the Windows 10 operatingsystemdoes provide Telnet support, but it is not enabledbydefault. IT can enable Telnet support by opening the ControlPaneland clicking on Programs, then Turn Windows Features OnorOff.
Also question is, how do I access HyperTerminal?
How to use HyperTerminal as a Serial Port Monitor
- Connect the system you are monitoring to the serial port.
- Open the HyperTerminal Software and create anewconnection.
- Enter a name for your connection and click OK.
- Select your COM port under “connect using”.
What is a hyper terminal?
Hyper Terminal is a communicationssoftwaredeveloped by Hilgraeve and is included in all versions ofMicrosoftWindows. With Hyper Terminal, the user can connectandtransfer files between the two computers.