Asked by: Hegoa Iyamutechnology and computing antivirus software
How do I find large files on Windows 8?
Last Updated: 10th January, 2020
- Open File Explorer (formerly called WindowsExplorer).
- In the search bar on the right, type "size:"
- Click on the one you want, or just type out the phrase, such as"size:gigantic".
Click to see full answer.
Then, how can I find the largest files on my computer?
Here's how to find your largest files.
- Open File Explorer (aka Windows Explorer).
- Select "This PC" in the left pane so you can search your wholecomputer.
- Type "size: " into the search box and select Gigantic.
- Select "details" from the View tab.
- Click the Size column to sort by largest to smallest.
Beside above, how do I free up disk space on Windows 8? To open Disk Cleanup on a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 system,follow these instructions:
- Click Settings > Click Control Panel > AdministrativeTools.
- Click Disk Cleanup.
- At the Drives list, select which drive you want to run DiskCleanup on.
- Select which files you want to delete.
- Click OK.
- Click Delete files.
Similarly one may ask, how do I find large files on Windows?
Press the "Windows" and "F" keys simultaneouslyon your keyboard to open the Windows Explorer. Click thesearch field in the top right corner of the windowand click "Size" in the "Add a Search Filter" windowthat appears under it. Click "Gigantic (>128 MB)" to list thelargest files stored on your hard drive.
What's taking up space on my PC?
Jump straight to:
- Windows Disk Cleanup.
- Uninstall Programs.
- Remove Duplicate Files.
- Temporary Files.
- Take out the Trash.
- Store data on External Storage or in the Cloud.
- Defragment your Hard Drive.
- Sufficient RAM.