Asked by: Parmenio Kafferleintechnology and computing antivirus software
How do I find my Windows operating system version?
Last Updated: 21st April, 2020
- Select the Start. button, type Computer inthesearch box, right-click on Computer, and thenselectProperties.
- Under Windows edition, you'll see the versionandedition of Windows that your device is running.
Click to see full answer.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how can I tell what version of Windows from command prompt?
Then type cmd and press Enter to runCommandPrompt. From the top of Command Prompt, youcantell the version of your Windowsoperatingsystem. You can also type the command linesysteminfo |findstr Build in Command Prompt and press Entertocheck the version and build type ofyourWindows OS.
Additionally, what is the current version of Windows 10? Thelatest version of Windows 10 is the May 2019Update,version “1903,” which was released on May21,2019. Microsoft releases new major updates everysixmonths.
Also to know is, how do I know what version of Windows 1903 I have?
Open up Windows Update, and you'll eitherseethe option for “Feature update to Windows10,version 1903”, or you'll have to clickCheckfor Updates. If you still don't see the option,clickCheck for Updates, and then reboot your PC, and thentry theprocess again.
How do I check my Windows license?
3. Using the Command Prompt
- Tap on the Windows-key, type cmd.exe and hit enter.
- Type slmgr /xpr and hit enter.
- A small window appears on the screen that highlightstheactivation status of the operating system.
- If the prompt states "the machine is permanently activated",itactivated successfully.