Asked by: Felicitas Knochetechnology and computing computer peripherals
How do I find the device instance path?
Last Updated: 5th June, 2020
- Search for Device Manager in control panel.
- From the list of devices, expand the list ofdevices for which you want to obtain the device instancepath.
- Right click on the device type and clickproperties.
- Click on the Details tab.
Click to see full answer.
Just so, how do I find my device instance ID?
To check the hardware id for a device, follow thesesteps:
- Open the Device Manager from the Control Panel.
- In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and selectProperties in the popup menu.
- Select the Details tab.
- Select the Hardware Ids in the dropdown list.
Similarly, what is device instance? A device instance ID is a system-supplieddevice identification string that uniquely identifies adevice in the system. The Plug and Play (PnP) managerassigns a device instance ID to each device node(devnode) in a system's device tree.
Also question is, how do I find my USB device ID?
For Windows 7 users
- Go to the "Start" Menu.
- Select "Devices and Printers"
- Double-click your USB Scale.
- Select the "Hardware" Tab.
- Select "Properties"
- Select the "Details" Tab.
- From the "Device description" Menu select "Hardware Ids"
- Copy the numbers next to "VID_" and "PID_" (in this case, 1466and 6A76)
What is the hardware ID in a computer?
The Hardware ID (HWID) is a set of numbers andletters (capital letters only) that uniquely identify yourcomputer to any of our software. The HWID is made out ofeighteen (18) characters e.g. 098H52ST479QE053V2 and it is used tounlock (register) our software in a computer.