Asked by: Emilie Houghtontechnology and computing laptops
How do I fix no bootable device Toshiba?
Last Updated: 11th April, 2021
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, what do I do if my Toshiba laptop says no bootable device?
FIX for boot error "No bootable device -- Please restartsystem"
- From a cold start (complete shutdown)
- Press the power button and immediatly continually tap F2 key toopen the BISO setup.
- In BIOS go to the ADVANCED menu tab.
- Select System Configuration.
- Select Boot Mode.
what does no bootable devices mean? No bootable device. Booting means theaction done by BIOS to load operating system. The boot device isthe storage device such as hard drive, USB flash drive,DVD, etc. which contains installed system files. If thedevice is not located or files on the device areincorrect, the error message is displayed.
Then, how do I fix no bootable device?
Use the following steps to resolve thissituation:
- Hold the power-button for 5 seconds to power off thedevice.
- Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears,immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop,to enter the BIOS.
- Press F9 and then ENTER to load the default configuration.
How do I force a Toshiba laptop to start?
How to Boot a Toshiba Laptop to BIOS
- Power off the Toshiba laptop completely by clicking "Start"(Windows Orb) then choosing "Shutdown."
- Power on the computer. Press the "F2" key when prompted on theboot screen to enter the Toshiba laptop BIOS setup program.