Asked by: Tata Emanuelitechnology and computing computer peripherals
How do I fix the printhead on my HP Officejet Pro 8600?
- Load unused, plain white paper in the input tray.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it isnot already on.
- Slip your fingers into the slot on the left side of theprinter, and then pull forward to open the cartridge accessdoor.
Similarly, how do I clean the printhead on my HP Officejet Pro 8600?
To clean the printhead, go to Tools on the printer controlpanel.
- Load plain white paper into the input tray.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow to displayadditional options.
- Touch Setup , and then touch Tools.
- Touch Clean Printhead.
- When the first cleaning stage completes, a test pageprints.
- Turn on your print device.
- Wait for a while till your printer is sluggish and silentbefore you continue.
- As the printer is turned on, detach the power cord from theback of the printer.
- Release the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a while, like for 60 seconds.
Also to know, what does missing or failed printhead mean on HP printer?
An unlatched or improperly seated printhead cancause this error. Example of the message on the printercontrol panel. Missing or failed printhead. Theprinthead appears to be missing, not detected, orincorrectly installed.
An ink cartridge is the part that will containthe ink, while a printhead is the part in aninkjet printer that will spray the ink onto thepaper.