Asked by: Zhenzhen Narsireal estate real estate renting and leasing
How do I get a nice apartment for cheap?
Last Updated: 1st January, 2020
- Study up on your local market.
- Know the best time to rent an apartment.
- Scope out their competition.
- Ask about deals.
- Be ready to pay more upfront in return for cheaper rent.
- Be flexible with move-in dates and upgrades.
- Have something to offer in return.
Click to see full answer.
Considering this, how do I get the best price on an apartment?
Below are six tips for getting the best apartment deals.
- Know how to work rental websites. To find a great rental, you have to know how to search for one.
- Word of mouth can be powerful.
- Consider a single-family home.
- Look beyond the rental listings.
- Assess whether rents are fair.
- Go ahead and flaunt your good credit.
what is the cheapest month to rent an apartment? A recent study from apartment listing site RentHop found that renters could potentially save hundreds of dollars a year by timing their apartment search. The data showed that the cheapest months to rent tended to be between December and March, whereas the most expensive fell between May and October.
Similarly, how can I rent an apartment for cheap?
There are several things you can do to find a lower monthly rent:
- Look Outside an Urban Area. While living in the city center may seem like a priority, it doesn't mean much if you can't afford the rent.
- Consider Transportation Costs.
- Get a Roommate.
- Check for Subsidies.
- Think Small.
Why is there a price range for apartments?
It's additional rent on top of what you have to pay for yourself. Tenants without pets don't have to pay it, which means the price range for apartments in the same building will vary. The best thing you can do about the difference in price range is negotiate with your landlord for a reduction in rent asked for.