Asked by: Yonay Stedmantechnology and computing data storage and warehousing
How do I get rid of healthy EFI System Partition?
Last Updated: 21st February, 2020
- Open DiskPart on your PC. Hit "Windows Key + R" to open the rundialogue box.
- Change EFI system partition ID and set it as a datapartition. Type the below command lines and hit Enter eachtime:
- Delete EFI partition with command line.
- Complete EFI deleting process.
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, how do I remove a system partition?
To delete the recovery partition follow thesesteps:
- Right click on the Start menu.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type diskpart.
- Type list disk.
- A list of disks will be displayed.
- Type select disk n (Replace n with the disk number with thepartition you wish to remove).
- Type list partition.
Subsequently, question is, is EFI system partition needed? As mentioned before, the EFI partition isessential for the installed OS on the hard disk. However, for anexternal hard drive, you do not actually need the EFIpartition. Some users had the EFI partition created on aMac, and now they want to install Windows to replace MacOS.
Beside above, how do I move my EFI System Partition?
Select the EFI System Partition (ESP) you want tomove in the first disk/partition list, then selectthe destination partition in the seconddisk/partition list, the selected partitions will bemarked as red. Click the "Move" button to move thepartition.
Can I delete OEM reserved partition?
You don't need to delete the OEM or SystemReserved partitions. The OEM partition is themanufacturer's (Dell etc.) recovery partition. It's usedwhen you restore/reinstall Windows with the OEM disk or frombios. If you have your own install media then it's safe todelete all of the partitions and startfresh.