Asked by: Ardis Hechavarriatechnology and computing shareware and freeware
How do I import old Outlook data files?
Last Updated: 10th May, 2020
- At the top of your Outlook ribbon,selectFile.
- Select Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file,andthen click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.
- Browse to the .
- If a password was assigned to the Outlook DataFile(.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, how do I import an Outlook data file?
Go to the File Tab. Click Open&Export>Import/Export. From Import andExportwizard, select Import from another program orfile.Select file type as Outlook datafile(.pst).
Additionally, where are Outlook data files stored? By default, an Microsoft Outlook PSTfileis located at: “C:UsersAppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlook”under Windows 7 or Vista and at:C:Documents and Settings LocalSettingsApplicationDataMicrosoftOutlook underWindows XP.
People also ask, how do I recover an Outlook data file?
How to repair Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Use the Windows key + R to open the Run command.
- Type the following path and click the OK button:
- Double-click the SCANPST.EXE file to open the MicrosoftOutlookInbox Repair experience.
- Click the Browse button.
- Locate the .pst file you want to repair.
- Click the Open button.
How do I change the default location for Outlook data files?
New Method (Recommended)
- Open the profile (Control panel, search for Mail) and clickonData files.
- Select the account and click Open File Location to openthefolder containing the PST in Windows Explorer.
- Close the Account Settings dialog.
- Move the PST to the desired location.