Asked by: Ardis Hechavarriatechnology and computing shareware and freeware
How do I import old Outlook data files?
Last Updated: 10th May, 2020
- At the top of your Outlook ribbon,selectFile.
- Select Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file,andthen click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.
- Browse to the .
- If a password was assigned to the Outlook DataFile(.
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do I import an Outlook data file?
Go to the File Tab. Click Open&Export>Import/Export. From Import andExportwizard, select Import from another program orfile.Select file type as Outlook datafile(.pst).
Subsequently, question is, where are Outlook data files stored? By default, an Microsoft Outlook PSTfileis located at: “C:UsersAppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlook”under Windows 7 or Vista and at:C:Documents and Settings LocalSettingsApplicationDataMicrosoftOutlook underWindows XP.
Moreover, how do I recover an Outlook data file?
How to repair Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Use the Windows key + R to open the Run command.
- Type the following path and click the OK button:
- Double-click the SCANPST.EXE file to open the MicrosoftOutlookInbox Repair experience.
- Click the Browse button.
- Locate the .pst file you want to repair.
- Click the Open button.
How do I change the default location for Outlook data files?
New Method (Recommended)
- Open the profile (Control panel, search for Mail) and clickonData files.
- Select the account and click Open File Location to openthefolder containing the PST in Windows Explorer.
- Close the Account Settings dialog.
- Move the PST to the desired location.