Asked by: Tiffani Tanitechnology and computing shareware and freeware
How do I install Windows 8.1 on a brand new hard drive?
Last Updated: 8th May, 2020
- Turn on your PC so that Windows starts normally, insertthe Windows 8.1 DVD or USB flash drive, and then shutdown your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Please setup language along with other preferences andclick [Next].
- Click [Install now] to start the process.
- Enter the product key to activate Windows 8.1 and click[Next]. (
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, it is asked, how do I install Windows on a brand new hard drive?
How to install Windows on a SATA drive
- Insert the Windows disc into the CD-ROM / DVD drive/USB flashdrive.
- Power down the computer.
- Mount and connect the Serial ATA hard drive.
- Power up the computer.
- Choose language and region and then to Install OperatingSystem.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Similarly, how do I wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Windows? Press the Windows key plus the "C" key to openthe Charms menu. Select the Search option and type reinstallin the Search text field (do not press Enter). On the left side ofthe screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows.On the "Reset your PC" screen, click Next.
Accordingly, how do I install Windows 8 on a new computer?
- Insert the Windows 8 DVD or USB Memory key into your system andrestart your computer.
- When the menu appears, select the appropriate device to bootfrom, ie.
- Windows 8 or Windows 10 Setup appears.
- Select Language to install, Time and currency format, andKeyboard or input method and select Next.
- Select Install Now.
How do I install Windows 8.1 from an ISO file?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD.
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft andthen install it.
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program.
- Click Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.
- Locate, and then select your Windows 8 ISO file.
- Click or touch Next.