Asked by: Xiaomin Nuikinhobbies and interests beekeeping
How do I keep bees away from my water fountain?
Last Updated: 9th July, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, how do you keep bees away?
6 Natural Ways to Keep the Bees Away
- Cucumber peel Cucumber peel is great for keeping bees away from specific, small areas.
- Peppermint Bees want to avoid the smell of peppermint in the areas and plants they hang around.
- Cinnamon Spreading cinnamon in areas that bees frequent is a great way to drive them off.
Secondly, what scent will keep bees away? Play keep-away. Avoid bee attention by wearing unscented products. Use an insect repellent to mask the scents. Natural repellents use citrus, mint, and eucalyptus oils. Dryer sheets also make effective insect repellents: tuck one in your pocket if you're hiking or place a few under your picnic blanket.
Beside this, how do I keep bees away from my fish pond?
Drain or empty your pond, which will force the bees to find a new location. Wait two to three weeks, and refill the pond. If it is not possible to empty the pond and no plants or animals are in the pond, then add vinegar to the pond water, using 2 tablespoons of vinegar per 1 gallon of pond water.
What is a natural way to repel bees?
To make a repellent spray:
- Mix 1 drop peppermint oil, tea tree oil, or cinnamon oil (or all three) with 1 cup unscented baby shampoo.
- Pour the mixture into an empty spray bottle.
- Spray all areas you want to keep bees away from.