Asked by: Gabija Struckmeierhobbies and interests woodworking
How do I keep the top of my dresser from scratching?
Last Updated: 11th May, 2021
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, how do you protect the top of wood furniture?
Scooting your dishes, glasses or vases across a wooden table can scratch it. Pick up anything sitting directly on the wood to move it. Felt pads attached to the bottom of lamps, pottery or other items perched atop a table helps protect the wood. Use linen or cotton tablecloths or placemats when dining.
Also, what should go on top of a dresser? Find Something Tall
- Tall houseplant.
- Artwork standing on top of the dresser and leaning against the wall.
- Decorative basket or collectible.
- Tall pillar candle.
- A vase filled with flowers, either real or faux.
- Upright jewelry box.
In this way, how do I protect my furniture from scratches?
How To Protect Your Wooden Table (A Comprehensive Overview)
- Protection from Scratches. The key to preventing scratches is fairly intuitive.
- Take a Stand Against Water Rings. Water rings are the undoing of many gorgeous and immaculate tables.
- Utilize Tablecloths.
- Install a Glass Tabletop.
- Custom Table Pads Look Beautiful and Give Protection.
How do you repair deep scratches in wood?
How to Fix Deep Scratches on Wood Furniture
- Clean the scratched area. Same as last time – use a soft cloth to clean up the damaged area.
- Rub mineral spirits over the scratch.
- Fill in the scratch.
- Remove excess filling.
- Sand excess filling.
- Seal the fixed area.