Asked by: Yamiley Karapetyanhobbies and interests woodworking
How do I know if my roof was installed properly?
Last Updated: 1st March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in view, how do I know if my roofer did a good job?
Be on the lookout for the following roofing issues:
- Missing drip edge flashing. A drip edge is a flashing material that contractors must install at the edges of your roof.
- Your roof doesn't have a uniform appearance.
- Improper roof shingle nailing.
- Reusing old flashing material.
- Rotted roof decking.
how do you inspect a new roof? 2. From inside:
- In the attic, look for signs of leaks. Dark stains on the rafters or the underside of the roof decking material generally indicate water trails.
- If you find dark spots, see if they are still wet or are old.
- Look up through the roof for any pinpoints of light.
- Look for sagging sheathing between rafters.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what are the signs of a bad roof?
10 Warning Signs Your Roof is Failing
- You have several missing or loose shingles.
- Your shingles are curling, cracking, dry, or blistering.
- The roof is sagging.
- There are dark/dirty areas on your roof.
- You have granules in your gutters.
- You notice several exposed or loose nail heads.
Is roofing a bad job?
Roofs are never completely flat and easy to work with. Due to all of these factors, and more, roofing has become one of the most dangerous jobs in all of America. With 32 fatalities per 100,000 workers, roofing is the 6th most dangerous job in America.