Asked by: Vallie Martinez De Aguirretechnology and computing browsers
How do I make Chrome open links instead of Safari?
Last Updated: 5th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, people ask, how do I change the default browser when opening links?
- On your computer, click the Start menu .
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs Default Programs Set your default programs.
- On the left, select Google Chrome.
- Click Set this program as default.
- Click OK.
One may also ask, how do you change your default browser on safari? How to change the default web browser in OS X Mavericksorearlier
- Launch Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Click on the General tab.
- Choose the web browser you want to use as the defaultbyclicking on the menu next to Default web browser.
- Close Preferences.
- Quit Safari.
Correspondingly, how do I change my safari to Google Chrome?
Make Google your default search engine
- Step 1: Open Preferences. Click on Safari in the top Applemenu,and then select Preferences.
- Step 2: Change your default search engine to Google. NexttoDefault search engine, click on the drop down menu andselectGoogle.
- Step 3: Change your homepage to Google.
How do I make Safari open links in the same tab?
Open a website in a newwindow:Command+Option+Click on a link. Open a websitein anew window and make it active:Command+Option+Shift+Click ona link. Select one of the firstnine tabs: Command+1 throughCommand+9. Close all tabs but one:Option+click the close (X)button on the tab you want to keepopen.