Asked by: Guillerme Jorgmedical health dental health
How do I make my grout white again?
Last Updated: 10th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, how can I get my grout white again?
Method 1 Cleaning Dirty Grout
- Start with warm water and a nylon brush.
- Use a water-vinegar solution for mildew stains.
- Use a paste made from baking soda and water onheavierstains.
- Use hydrogen peroxide on tough stains.
- Use store-bought "oxygen bleach" cleaners.
- Steam your grout back to its original white.
Secondly, how can I lighten my grout? Bleach can lighten grout in any area of the home.
- Wear gloves to protect your skin.
- Fill your bucket with five parts water to one partchlorinebleach.
- Dip the brush into the bleach and scrub the grout withthebrush.
- Continue scrubbing the grout lines, dipping the brush backintothe bleach every 10 or 15 seconds.
Hereof, how do you clean badly stained grout?
For heavier dirt and mild stains, turn tovinegar,a trusty old standby for many household chores. Fill aspray bottlewith a half-and-half solution of vinegar and warmwater. Spray onthe grout, let it stand for five minutes,then scrub with astiff brush. Apply a baking soda paste and spraywithvinegar.
Is bleach bad for grout?
Also, you should never use pure bleachondark-colored grout because it can oxidize thegroutover time. One of the primary reasons to clean yourgrout isto prevent mold growth, and while you might thinkusingbleach is the best way to do that, it isn't.Bleachdoes nothing to kill mold—all it does isbleachit!