Asked by: Aidas Urruelatechnology and computing web hosting
How do I move an instance to another Availability Zone?
Last Updated: 26th April, 2020
- Shutdown / stop the instance.
- Right-click the instance and select Create Image to make an AMI from the instance.
- Go to the AMI page, right-click on the new AMI and select Launch Instance.
- In the new instance settings, choose a specific (different) availability zone.
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, how can an instance be copied to another region?
Tutorial: AWS / EC2 - Copy an AMI from a region to another
- Step 1: Connect to your AWS console. Go to AWS console.
- Step 2: Connect to Ireland region.
- Step 3: Go to EC2 dashboard.
- Step 4: Find the public AMI. Click on AMIs.
- Step 5: Open copy AMI wizard. Right click on instance.
- Step 6: Start AMI copy.
- Step 7: Connect to the new region.
- Step 8: Find the new AMI ID.
Furthermore, what is the difference between availability zone and region? Each region is a separate geographic area. Each region has multiple, isolated locations known as Availability Zones. Amazon EC2 provides you the ability to place resources, such as instances, and data in multiple locations. Resources aren't replicated across regions unless you do so specifically.
Also question is, where is availability zone in ec2 instance?
- Open the Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (Amazon EC2) console.
- From the navigation bar, view the options in the Region selector.
- On the navigation pane, choose EC2 Dashboard.
- In the Service Health section, view the list of Availability Zones under Availability Zone Status.
How do I transfer my Ami to another account?
Sharing an AMI (Console)
- In the navigation pane, choose AMIs.
- Select your AMI in the list, and then choose Actions, Modify Image Permissions.
- Specify the AWS account number of the user with whom you want to share the AMI in the AWS Account Number field, then choose Add Permission.