Asked by: Anara Pougettechnology and computing operating systems
How do I open a LibreOffice file?
Last Updated: 1st February, 2020
- right-click on any . odt file,
- select open with,
- left-click on Select other application,
- click on the LibreOffice Writer icon,
- tick the Always use selected application to open .odtfiles.
- and press OK.
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, how do I open a LibreOffice document?
In this Wiki article, it says that MicrosoftOfficedocuments saved as a .doc or a .docx file canbeopened in LibreOffice. Therefore, you should be able tojustopen it. Just copy the files onto a flash driveandthen in Ubuntu, double click the .doc or .docxfileto open it in LibreOffice.
Similarly, how do I open a LibreOffice file in Windows 10? 2 Answers
- Open Explorer and navigate to a file type that you wantassignedto LibreOffice.
- Right-click on the file, and choose "Properties"
- in the dialog that opens, you'll see an "Opens with:" line,witha Change button: click the button.
Consequently, can you open Microsoft Office files in LibreOffice?
1 Answer. Yes Microsoft Word canopenLibreOffice Writer documents in the odt format, unless it'savery old version your school has. You can alsoopenMicrosoft Word (doc, docx) files inLibreOfficeWriter.
How do I open multiple documents in LibreOffice?
Other than Microsoft Works, LibreOfficewillopen each file in its own window. You canswitchbetween the windows using OS-defined keyboard shortcuts, oruseLibreOffice's Window menu. Alternatively, youcanopen the Open dialog window from the Filemenuand select multiple files before clicking thebuttonOpen.