- start cut by lightly tapping blade into drywall. Cut the Square.
- attach header board using pneumatic nail gun. Cut and Attach Header Boards.
- hoist stair assembly into attic with support board.
- extend ladder to floor and add adjustable feet.
Then, how much does it cost to install an attic ladder?
The average cost of installing attic ladders or stairs ranges from $220 to $647, with an average rate of $445 including parts and labor. Labor charges for a professional contractor average $240 per project, with an hourly rate of $60. Materials include an attic door kit and finishing supplies such as trim and paint.
Also question is, what is the minimum size of an attic access?
Minimum Opening Size The 2012 International Residential Code requires an attic access opening for attics with an area greater than 30 square feet and a vertical height in excess of 30 inches. The rough framed opening must measure a minimum of 22 by 30 inches.
Part 3 Laying Plywood Flooring
- Measure the plywood and attic door. Purchase half-inch (1.27 cm) thick plywood to act as your flooring.
- Cut the plywood. Use a handsaw or a circular saw to cut the plywood to your measurements.
- Screw the plywood into the subfloor.