Asked by: Darnell Wiedenbrucktechnology and computing web hosting
How do I reduce response time on REST API?
Last Updated: 2nd May, 2020
- Check Your Hosting. Time spent waiting for your serverto respond adds to your final page load times.
- Choose Your Web Server Carefully.
- Optimize Your Web Servers.
- Reduce Bloat.
- Optimize Your Database.
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, how do I improve my REST API performance?
In this post I would like to present a few tips to improvethe performance of your Web API services.
- Use the fastest JSON serializer available.
- Use compression techniques.
- Use faster data access strategies.
- Use caching.
- Use asynchronous methods judiciously.
Secondly, what is a good server response time? According to Google and other speed test tools such asGTmetrix, you should aim for a server response time of lessthan 200ms. In this post, we'll cover what exactly serverresponse time is, things that can affect server responsetime, and how to improve server responsetime.
Furthermore, what is a good response time for API?
As a rule of thumb, the average alert latency should be< 60 sec in a well-performing system, but event latency ofbetween 60 to 90 sec is also acceptable.
How do I increase my response time?
Here are some of the many ways to increase your pagespeed:
- Enable compression.
- Reduce redirects.
- Leverage browser caching.
- Improve server response time.
- Use a content distribution network.
- Optimize images.