Asked by: Ehab Elexagatechnology and computing computer peripherals
How do I reinstall my DVD drive in Windows 10?
Last Updated: 7th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, how do I find my DVD drive in Windows 10?
Check the drive name in Device Manager, and thenreinstallthe drive in Device Manager to determine if Windows isable torecognize the drive.
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand the category.
- Right-click the drive name and then select Uninstall.
Furthermore, how do I install a DVD drive in my computer? A step-by-step guide for installing a CD/DVD drive inadesktop computer
- of 10. Power Down the Computer.
- of 10. Open the Computer.
- of 10. Remove the Drive Slot Cover.
- of 10. Set the IDE Drive Mode.
- of 10. Place the CD/DVD Drive Into the Case.
- of 10. Attach the Internal Audio Cable.
- of 10. Attach the Drive Cable to the CD/DVD.
- of 10.
Herein, why is my computer not showing my DVD drive?
Reinstall Drivers Expand CD/DVD-ROM Drives, thenright-clickon the device and click Uninstall. If your hardware isnoteven showing up in the Device Manager, then youmay actuallyhave a hardware problem, such as a faulty connectionor a deaddrive. It's worth checking this option out ifthecomputer is old.
How do I erase a DVD drive in Windows 10?
Open Windows File Explorer from itstaskbarshortcut, select This PC from the left-side and then selecttheCD/DVD drive icon. Expand the ribbon-bar, switch totheManage tab and then click on the Erase thisdiscicon. Click Next to start the diskerasewizard.