- Use a plastic wedge to pry the emblem off. Place a thinplastic wedge against the body of the vehicledirectly above, below, or to the side of theemblem.
- Cut the adhesive with dental floss or fishing line.
- Remove the emblem using a credit card..
- Spray adhesive remover on the leftover glue.
Likewise, is Debadging a car illegal?
no it's not illegal. Unless debadgingadded 20WHP then it would be illegal. Debadging,while not illegal alone, does present an officer withprobable cause to search your car for illegalmodifications under the hood.
- Slowly heat the surface of the decal with a hair dryer in orderto loosen the adhesive used to apply the decal to the truck's bodypanel.
- Continue to heat the decal with a hairdryer while you scrapeunder the edge of the decal with a detailing razor.
Also know, how do you remove car decals without damaging paint?
Here's what you should do:
- Clean the decal and the surrounding area with soapy water.
- Use the hair dryer on the decal to loosen the adhesive.
- Once the sticker or decal is heated up, use a plastic card likea credit card to peel it.
- After the sticker comes off, you will see residue on thecar.
Debadging would have no effect onwarranty. In fact, many aftermarket suppliers offer blackedout versions of the badges. Some are in body colors or carbonfiber. If removing the emblem caused the original paint to crack orotherwise be ruined, you'd never get GM to repaint that area underwarranty.