Asked by: Estervina Christensentechnology and computing data storage and warehousing
How do I remove a password from my Mac hard drive?
Last Updated: 1st May, 2020
- Open a new Finder window by click on the iconinthe dock.
- Navigate to "Utilities" folder, located inthe"Applications" section of the Mac hard drive.
- Double click on "Keychain Access" icon to openthepassword utility.
Click to see full answer.
Beside this, how do I remove a password from an external hard drive?
- Power your computer off completely.
- Press the Power button.
- Tap the F2 key for notebooks or Delete key for desktops.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight SecurityorBIOS Security Features tab.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Set HDD Password or ChangeHDDPassword depending on your model.
- Press Enter.
how do you reset your hard drive? Method 2 Formatting a Second Hard DriveinWindows
- Press ⊞ Win + S . This opens the Windows search bar.
- Type management .
- Click Computer Management.
- Select Disk Management under “Storage.” It's intheleft column.
- Right-click the disk you want to reset.
- Click Format.
- Click Yes.
Accordingly, how do you delete saved passwords on Mac?
Navigate to Preferences > Settings and thenchooseShow advanced settings at the bottom. Next, underPasswordsand forms, click on the Manage passwordslink. Under theSaved passwords section, select the websiteand clickDelete button.
How do I remove the password on my WD hard drive?
You will be prompted to type in password.
- Plug your external hard hard drive to your computer andunlockit with the password.
- Run the WD Security application.
- Select the "Remove password" and type in your password andthenclick on the button that says "Update Security Settings" asshownin the picture below: