Asked by: Mubarak Sekariapuramcareers vocational training
How do I renew my medical assistant certification?
Last Updated: 27th May, 2020
- By exam: Pass the CMA (AAMA)CertificationExam.
- By continuing education: As long as your credential has notbeenexpired for more than 60 months, you may recertify bycontinuingeducation.
- Online | Recertify online with secure online paymentprocessingfor both AAMA and non-AAMA CEUs.
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, how do I renew my CMA certification?
How to Renew Your Certification
- Log in to your nhanow.com account >
- Select “Renew Certifications” on the leftmenu.
- Select "Complete More CE" to view the library.
- Complete 10 continuing education credits.
- Pay your recertification fee.
Likewise, how often does a certified medical assistant need to recertify? every 5 years
In this way, does a medical assistant certificate expire?
Certificates for medical assistantarevalid for several years, but the period of validity variesbyorganization. A certificate from the American AssociationofMedical Assistants is current for 60 months, while onefromAmerican Medical Technologists expires inthreeyears.
Do medical assistants need continuing education?
Medical Assistant Continuing Education OptionsandRequirements. Continuing education formedicalassistants is required by The American AssociationofMedical Assistants (AAMA) and The AmericanMedicalTechnologists (AMT). Medical assistants musttakecontinuing education courses in order to maintaintheircredentials