Asked by: Oristela Siemensentechnology and computing shareware and freeware
How do I repair a DOCX file?
Last Updated: 7th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Considering this, how do I open an unreadable Word document?
Step 1: Repair document in Word.
- Go to click File > Open.
- Click the arrow on the Open button, and then click Open andRepair.
- Create a new document, then click File > Open.
- Click the damaged document, and then click Open.
- On the View tab, click Web Layout or Draft view.
- On the View tab, click Print Layout.
Also, can you uncorrupt a file? How to Uncorrupt a File. Viruses, malware andprograms closing prematurely can all corrupt a file.While the file is corrupt, you won't be able to useit. You can fix this problem and uncorrupt thefile by using some free tools available online.
Secondly, how do I fix a corrupted Word document 2013?
Follow the steps below:
- Open Word and click on the File tab.
- Click on Open folder to select the damaged file.
- Highlight the file and then click on the arrow sign availablenext to Open button.
- Select Open and Repair from the drop-down list of options.
Why do Word files get corrupted?
Why It Happens A file typically becomes corrupted when aproblem occurs during saving. If your computer loses power orcrashes as you save a file, there's a good possibility thatthe file will become corrupted. Viruses and othermalware can also cause file corruption.