Asked by: Aleksandrs Leibenguthstyle and fashion bath and shower
How do I replace my toilet supply line?
Last Updated: 14th June, 2020
- Things you'll need for the job:
- Turn off the water to the toilet andflushit. Turn the water supply valve to therightuntil it's finger tight, then flush your toilettodrain out the water.
- Loosen and remove the old supply line.
- Put the new supply line into place.
- Turn on the water to the toilet.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you install a rigid toilet supply line?
NOTE: The rubber washer and coupling nut (42397) isincludedwith your toilet tank.
- Slide the coupling nut onto the rigid supply line.
- Connect the rigid supply line to the supply stop.
- Slide the coupling nut to the top of the rigid supplyline.
- Press the rubber washer into the coupling nut.
Subsequently, question is, what size is a toilet supply line? The supply line to the toilet isstandard1/2-inch copper pipe.
In respect to this, how do you fix a leaky toilet valve?
The simplest fix for a leaky toiletwatershutoff valve is to tighten the packing nut a 1/4 turnwitha wrench. Do not remove the valve, just tighten thepackingnut. Hopefully this will be sufficient to compress therubberpacking washer so it seals against the valve stemtostop the water leak.
How do you replace a toilet fill valve?
How to Replace Toilet Fill Valve in 8 Steps
- Turn off the water supply.
- Take off the lid of the tank.
- Flush the toilet.
- Unscrew the water hose from the tank.
- Remove the existing fill valve.
- Adjust the height of the new fill valve.
- Install the new valve.
- Reattach the water supply hose.