Asked by: Hortense Roelofftechnology and computing computer peripherals
How do I reset the drum end on my Brother printer?
Last Updated: 6th May, 2020
- Make sure that the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Press and hold OK for 2 seconds.
- Press the Up arrow key or 1 to reset the drum counter.
- Close the front cover.
Click to see full answer.
In this regard, what does it mean when the printer says Drum End Soon?
"Drum End Soon" message. The machine uses a drum unit to create print images on paper. If your machine's display reads "Drum End Soon", the drum unit is near the end of its life and it is time to buy a new one.
Similarly, how long should a drum last in Brother printer? On average, a Brother drum will last as long as 3-4 Brother toner cartridges, so eventually over time you'll have to replace the drum to make sure you get high quality prints consistently.
Furthermore, what is drum stop on Brother printer?
The Brother machine will display a 'Replace Drum' or 'Drum Stop' message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.
How do you reset the drum life on a Brother HL 2280dw?
Brother HL-2280DW – How to reset the drum counter
- After reinserting the drum and toner, leave the front cover open. If you did close the front cover after replacing the drum, open the front cover.
- Press the Clear button.
- You will be asked if you are replacing the drum, press the Up button to answer Yes.
- Once the display says “Accepted”, close the front cover.