Asked by: Cleveland Whiteheadtechnology and computing antivirus software
How do I run as administrator in Windows XP?
Last Updated: 13th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this way, how do I log on as administrator in Windows XP?
Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete two times on the Welcome screen toretrieve the standard Windows logon dialog box. Logon by using the administrator account logoninformation. Click Start, click Log Off, and then clickLog off in the Log Off Windows dialog box.Log on by using the available user account.
Additionally, how do I start a Windows XP computer in Safe Mode? Use the following steps to start Windows XP in Safe Modewhen the computer is already off:
- Turn on the computer.
- Press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen appears.
- From the Windows Advanced Options Menu, select Safe Mode andpress ENTER.
- Click Administrator and enter the password (ifapplicable).
why do I have to run as administrator?
With UAC, when you run a program it gets arestricted access token. Even though your user is a member of theAdministrators group, the program can't use Administratorprivileges. When you select "Run as Administrator" and youruser is an administrator the program is launched with theoriginal unrestricted access token.
How do I reset a Windows XP computer?
The steps are:
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
- At the System Recovery Options, choose System Restore orStartup Repair (if this is available)