Asked by: Viviana Teagantechnology and computing web design and html
How do I separate a first and last name in Excel?
Last Updated: 1st January, 2020
- Make sure there is an empty column directly to the right of theinformation you wish to split.
- Click on the heading of the column containing your contacts'first and last names to highlight the column.
- Click Data > Text to Columns.
- Select Delimited and click Next.
- Check Space and uncheck Tab before clicking Next.
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, how do I separate names in an Excel spreadsheet?
How to Separate First and Last Names in Excel,
- Right-click the column header that is to the right of the namesyou wish to split and select Insert.
- Click the column header of the column you wish to split.
- From the Data menu, select Text to Columns.
- Choose the Delimited radio button in the Original data typesection.
- Click Next.
Similarly, how do I separate words in sheets? Select the text or column, then click the Data menu andselect Split text to columns…. Google Sheetswill open a small menu beside your text where you can select tosplit by comma, space, semicolon, period, or customcharacter. Select the delimiter your text uses, and GoogleSheets will automatically split yourtext.
Additionally, how do you split first word in Excel?
To extract the first word, please enterthis formula =IF(ISERR(FIND(" ",A2)),"",LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A2)-1))into a blank cell, and then drag this cell's AutoFill handle to therange as you need. And now you will see the first word isextracted from each cell.
How do I split a cell in half in Excel?
- In the table, click the cell that you want to split.
- Click the Layout tab.
- In the Merge group, click Split Cells.
- In the Split Cells dialog, select the number of columns androws that you want and then click OK.