Asked by: Zaman Pineñotechnology and computing browsers
How do I set the default program to open files?
Last Updated: 12th June, 2020
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol withaprogram.
- Click the file type or protocol that you wanttheprogram to act as the default for.
- Click Change program.
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, how do I change the default program to open a file in Windows 10?
Windows 10 uses Settings instead of Control Panel tomakechanges to file type associations.
- Right-click the Start button (or hit the WIN+X hotkey)andchoose Settings.
- Select Apps from the list.
- Choose Default apps on the left.
- Scroll down a little and select Choose default apps byfiletype.
Also Know, how do I change the default program to open attachments in Outlook? Change the Default Programs byOpenwith To begin with, you need to save the targetOutlookattachments to local. Just right click on theOutlookattachments and select “Save as” from thecontextmenu.
Also Know, how do I delete the default program to open files in Windows 10?
Kindly follow the below steps and check ifithelps.
- Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to opensettingsmenu.
- Click on System.
- Select Default apps on the left navigation pane of thesystemsettings menu.
- Click on Choose default apps by file type from the righthandside of the Default apps settings menu.
How do I change how a file opens?
Change Default Application for File Types inAndroidPhone
- Open Android Apps settings.
- Now search for the app you want to change the defaultsettingsfor and tap on the app settings to open the info page ofthatapplication.
- Scroll down the page to find the button Clear defaults.