Asked by: M'Barka Eretrgbusiness and finance power and energy industry
How do I set up a cooperative in the Philippines?
Last Updated: 1st June, 2020
- Get organized.
- Prepare a general statement called an economic survey.
- Draft the cooperative's by-laws.
- Draft the articles of cooperation.
- Secure bond for accountable officer(s).
- Register your cooperative with theCooperativeDevelopment Authority (CDA).
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do you form a cooperative?
Starting a Cooperative
- Establish a steering committee. You need to have a groupofpeople who represent the cooperative's potential members.
- Carry out a feasibility study.
- Draft Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.
- Create a business plan and recruit more members.
- Secure financing.
Additionally, how long does it take to register a cooperative? Theregistration process takes on average two tofourweeks to be completed.
Just so, where can I register a cooperative?
The Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) isthesole government agency mandated to register all typesofcooperatives. Its main office is located at 827AuroraBlvd., Immaculate Conception, Quezon City. Forregistrationof primary cooperatives, this power hasbeen delegated tothe Regional or Extension Offices.
What is a Multi Purpose Cooperative?
f. multi-purpose cooperative-combines 2ormore of the business activities of these different typesofcooperatives, e.g credit lending and production,productionand provision of goods and services, etc.