Asked by: Dandan Ziaditechnology and computing browsers
How do I set up the Salesforce Authenticator app?
Last Updated: 14th March, 2020
- Download and install version 3 or later of the Salesforce Authenticator app for the type of mobile device you use.
- From your personal settings, enter Advanced User Details in the Quick Find box, then select Advanced User Details.
- Find App Registration: Salesforce Authenticator and click Connect.
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, what is Salesforce Authenticator?
Salesforce Authenticator is a two-factor authentication app for your mobile device, adding an extra layer of security to protect your Salesforce account and data. Version 3 includes the ability to intelligently save your trusted locations so that you can save time and stay secure.
Also, is Microsoft authenticator app free? With this free app, you can sign into your personal Microsoft account without one. For security, you'll use a fingerprint, face recognition, or a PIN. The Microsoft Authenticator app is available for Android and iOS.
Also asked, how do I disable Salesforce Authenticator?
Disconnect Salesforce Authenticator (Versions 2 and 3) from a User's Account
- From Setup, enter Users in the Quick Find box, then select Users.
- Click the user's name.
- On the user's detail page, click Disconnect next to the App Registration: Salesforce Authenticator field.
What is two factor authentication in Salesforce?
Two-factor authentication is the most effective way to protect your org's user accounts. When two-factor authentication is enabled, users are required to log in with two pieces of information, such as a username and a one-time password (OTP).