Asked by: Yuyan Homertechnology and computing photo editing software
How do I stop a batch script?
Last Updated: 11th March, 2020
- Ctrl+C. One of the most universal methods of aborting abatch file, command, or another program while it'srunning is to press and hold Ctrl+C.
- Ctrl+Pause/Break. Similar to Ctrl+C, pressing Ctrl+Pause/Breakkey will abort almost all batch files, commands,scripts, or other programs.
- Close window.
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do you stop a batch file?
You can insert the pause command before a section of thebatch file that you might not want to process. When pausesuspends processing of the batch program, you can press CTRL+C andthen press Y to stop the batch program.
Furthermore, how do I stop CMD from auto closing? Prevent the Command Prompt from ClosingAutomatically Press Windows key + R to open the Run window. Adding /K after the command keeps the window open. You can, then,close the window manually when you no longer need it to beopen.
Similarly one may ask, how do I stop a batch file from closing?
Now add “PAUSE" word at the end of yourbat file. This will keep the Command Prompt windowopen until you do not press any key. You can easily see eachcommand which had run on the result of bat file in CMD aslong as you do not press any key.
How do you write a batch file?
Writing a simple batch file
- Open Start.
- Search for Notepad, and click the top result to launch theapp.
- Type the following lines to create a simple batch file: @ECHOOFF ECHO Congratulations!
- Click the File menu.
- Select the Save as option.
- Type a name for the script, for example,first_simple_batch.bat.