In respect to this, how do I teach my puppy to stay?
How to teach “stay”
- Start in a spot that's familiar to your dog, without anytempting distractions around.
- If your dog holds the position for a second or two, praise herand give her a treat.
- Repeat the process, this time making your dog hold the positionfor a few seconds longer before you give her the treat.
In this regard, when should I start teaching my puppy commands?
Young puppies have short attention spans but youcan expect them to begin to learn simple obediencecommands such as “sit,” “down,” and“stay,” as young as 7 to 8 weeks of age. Formal dogtraining has traditionally been delayed until 6 months of age.Actually, this juvenile stage is a very poor time tostart.
How to Teach Your Puppy its Name
- Say your puppy's name.
- Reward your puppy immediately when he looks at you after yousay his name.
- Wait for your puppy's attention to wander slightly, and say hisname again.
- Repeat the process of using your dog's name about 10 times in asingle session, then give your pup a break.