Asked by: Aldegunda Dlugoschtechnology and computing laptops
How do I tether my laptop to my mobile phone?
Last Updated: 20th January, 2020
- Open Settings on your Android phone. UndertheWireless section, tap More → Tethering&portable hotspot.
- Turn on "Portable WiFi hotspot."
- A hotspot notification should appear.
- On your laptop, turn on WiFi and selectyourphone's network.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, how do I tether my phone to my laptop?
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using theUSBcable.
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering &MobileHotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
Similarly, how do I connect my phone to my laptop wirelessly? To connect an Android phone to a wirelessnetwork:
- Press the Home button, and then press the Apps button.
- Under “Wireless and Networks”, make sure "Wi-Fi"isturned on, then press Wi-Fi.
- You may have to wait a moment as your Android devicedetectswireless networks in range, and displays them in alist.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you do USB tethering?
How to Set Up USB Tethering
- Connect your mobile device to your laptop through a USBcableconnection.
- Go to your phone's settings and access yourWi-Fi/Networksettings.
- On Android, tap the checkbox next to USB Tethering toenableit.
- Your laptop should be able to access the internet throughyourphone's mobile plan.
- You're done!
How do I connect my phone to my laptop via USB?
To connect your device to a computer via USB:
- Use the USB Cable that came with your phone to connect thephoneto a USB port on your computer.
- Open the Notifications panel and tap the USB connectionicon.
- Tap the connection mode you want to use to connect tothePC.