Asked by: Anyeli Torrojatechnology and computing smartphones
How do I turn off cellular data for certain apps on Android?
Last Updated: 19th June, 2020
- Open Settings and tap Data usage.
- Scroll down to view a list of your Android apps sortedbydata usage (or tap Cellular Data usage toviewthem).
- Tap the app(s) you don't want to connect tomobiledata and select Restrict appbackgrounddata.
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, what happens when you turn off cellular data for an app?
You can turn cellular data on oroffto limit apps and services from using thecellularnetwork to connect to the Internet. Whencellular data is on,apps and services use yourcellular connection whenWi-Fi isn't available. As a result,you might be charged forusing certain features and serviceswith cellulardata.
Furthermore, can I still receive texts with cellular data off? If you turn off cellular data, you willbeunable to: See the cellular data icons in the statusbar(for example, LTE or 3G). Send or receive MMSmessages.However, you can still send and receive SMSandiMessages if you're connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Thereof, how do I restrict data usage on Android?
Restrict background data usage by app (Android 7.0&lower)
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet Data usage.
- Tap Mobile data usage.
- To find the app, scroll down.
- To see more details and options, tap the app's name. "Total"isthis app's data usage for the cycle.
- Change background mobile data usage.
Why some apps are not working on mobile data?
Try these steps to see if it all goes back tonormal.Clear the cache from the Google Play Services app: Settings>Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Services>Clear cache > OK. Go to the Settings app and find the'Accounts'section. Access it and remove your Google account, thenadd itagain.