Asked by: Evilia Echegaraymusic and audio tv and film podcasts
How do I turn off the activation lock on my iPhone?
Last Updated: 9th May, 2020
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Tap Your Name/Apple ID at the top of settings.
- Tap iCloud.
- Select the setting for Find my iPhone.
- Tap the switch to turn it off.
- You will be asked for your iCloud password to continue.
- Enter your password.
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, what is activation lock iPhone?
Find My includes Activation Lock—afeaturethat's designed to prevent anyone else from usingyouriPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch if it's everlostor stolen. Activation Lock turns on automatically whenyouturn on Find My [device].
Also, how do I activate a stolen iPhone? Turn on Lost Mode or lock a device
- Sign in to Find My iPhone on this device with your Apple ID(theone you use with iCloud).
- In the Devices list, tap the device you want to put intoLostMode or lock.
- Tap Actions, then tap Lost Mode or Lock.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, keeping the followinginmind:
Similarly one may ask, is it possible to remove iCloud lock?
Unfortunately, there is only one reliable waytoremove iCloud lock if you don't want to uselockremoval tools. The best way is to contact the previousownerand get their account information, Apple ID and password tounlockthe device and remove iCloud lock.
How do I get rid of someone else's Apple ID on my iPhone?
Remove Apple ID from iCloud or Find My Friends
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
- Enter the password of the person's Apple ID.
- Select whether you want to keep copies of your iCloud dataforCalendars, Contacts, Reminders and Safari.
- Tap Sign Out or Turn Off, as applicable.