Asked by: Hatem Abatechnology and computing web hosting
How do I turn on SSL on my iPhone?
Last Updated: 12th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also, how do I turn off SSL on my iPhone?
Disable SSL on Iphone
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
- Under Accounts Select your Email Account.
- Click on your Account again.
- Scroll to the bottom of the account screen and click onAdvanced.
- Scroll to the bottom and under Incoming Settings Use SSL turnthat off.
- Make sure Authentication is set to Password.
Also Know, do you really need SSL? Credit cards and social security numbers are twoof the most notable types of sensitive data that need anSSL certificate. E-commerce sites may need anSSL certificate. If you are or plan on acceptingmajor credit cards online, you need a merchant account -most of them require you to use an SSLcertificate.
Also asked, what is SSL in setting up email?
SSL stands for Secured Socket Layer - basicallyit is a secure way of providing authentication and encryptionduring communication online between your computer and the PurpleDog mail server.
What does enable SSL mean?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standardsecurity technology for establishing an encrypted link between aweb server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passedbetween the web server and browsers remain private andintegral.