Asked by: Suihong Nandyautomotive auto buying and selling
How do I use AutoText in Word 2016?
Last Updated: 8th February, 2020
- Type the text you want to stick into an AutoTextbuilding block.
- Select the text.
- Click the Insert tab.
- In the Text group, click the Quick Parts button.
- Choose AutoText → Save Selection toAutoText Gallery.
- Click OK.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, it is asked, how do I use AutoText in Word?
How to Use Word's Existing AutoText Entries
- Select the Insert tab.
- In the Text section of the ribbon, click Quick Parts >Autotext.
- Select one of the predefined AutoText entries to add it to yourdocument.
- To add a dateline, go to Insert > Date and Time and chooseone of the offered templates.
Similarly, what is AutoText in MS Word? AutoText is a way to store parts of a Worddocument for re-use. You can, for example, create a library ofboilerplate paragraphs for business letters, or keep a handyselection of headers and footers. An AutoText entry canstore anything a Word document can contain, such asformatted text, pictures, and fields.
Likewise, how do you enter a new entry in AutoText list?
Select All Commands from the Choose commands fromdrop-down list. Then, select AutoText in thelist on the left and click Add to add theAutoText button to the list on the right. Toinsert an AutoText entry, click the AutoTextbutton on the Quick Access Toolbar and click an entryon the menu.
What is the purpose of AutoText?
Autotext. Text replacement or AutoCorrect is atext editing function commonly found in word processors suchas Open Office. Its main purpose is to expand abbreviationsand to correct common spelling or typing errors, saving time forthe user.