Asked by: Arleen Lotztechnology and computing web hosting
How do I use nslookup in Windows 10?
Last Updated: 3rd January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In respect to this, how do I use nslookup?
How to use Nslookup to verify MXrecordconfiguration
- Go to Start > Run and type cmd .
- At a command prompt, type nslookup , and then press Enter.
- Type server <IP address> ;,where IP address is theIPaddress of your external DNS server.
- Type set q=M X, and then press Enter.
- Type <domain name> , where domain name is the name ofyourdomain, and then press Enter.
where is nslookup on Windows? Go to Start and type cmd in search field to openthecommand prompt. Alternatively, go to Start > Run > typecmdor command. Type nslookup and hit Enter. You will needtospecify the DNS server, type of record and adomainname.
Herein, how do I nslookup a specific DNS server?
nslookup use specificdnsserver You may choose to use a DNS server otherthanyour primary DNS server. To do this, typenslookup,followed by the name of the domain you wish toquery, and then thename or IP address of the DNS server youwish touse.
How do I check DNS entry?
You may find the need to check the status of yourdomainsDNS records, or check the Name Servers to see which recordstheservers are pulling.
- Launch Windows Command Prompt by navigating to Start>Command Prompt or via Run > CMD.
- Type NSLOOKUP and hit Enter.