Asked by: Dominico Ayarzagoitiatechnology and computing databases
How do I use SQL Plus?
Last Updated: 21st February, 2020
- SQL*Plus is a command-line tool that'sinstalledwith the Oracle Database.
- To start SQL*Plus, select the Runcommandfrom the Start menu, enter "sqlplus", and select theOKbutton.
- To connect to a database, enter the username and password.
- To run a SQL statement, type it, type asemicolon,and press the Enter key.
Click to see full answer.
Besides, how do I connect to SQL Plus?
Do the following steps to start SQL*Plus and connect tothedefault database:
- Open a Windows command prompt.
- At the command-line prompt, enter the SQL*Plus command intheform: c:> sqlplus.
- When prompted, enter your Oracle9i username and password.
- SQL*Plus starts and connects to the default database.
Beside above, what is SQL Plus and SQL Developer? SQL*Plus is an interactive and batchquerytool that is installed with every Oracle Database Server orClientinstallation. It enables you to enter and executeSQL,PL/SQL, SQL*Plus and operatingsystem commandsto perform the following: Format, performcalculations on, store,and print from query results.
Also, what is SQL * Plus command?
SQL*Plus is a command-line toolthatprovides access to the Oracle RDBMS. SQL*Plus enablesyouto: Enter SQL*Plus commands to configure theSQL*Plusenvironment. Startup and shutdown an Oracledatabase.
Is Oracle SQL Plus free?
SQL*Plus Prerequisites SQL*Plus is a component ofOracleDatabase. SQL*Plus, and its command-lineuserinterface, Windows GUI, and iSQL*Plus web-baseduserinterface are installed by default when you installtheOracle Database.