Asked by: Gundula Casalihome and garden interior decorating
How do you adjust a traverse rod?
Last Updated: 17th February, 2020
- Remove the draperies from the traverse curtain rod.
- Pull both the overlap and underlap masters to the outside ends of the rod for center open drapes.
- Pull on one side of the cord that is knotted on the back of the overlap or underlap master, depending on the setup of your curtain rod.
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, how do you change the draw on a traverse rod?
Draperies on a traverse rod might open from the center, or they could open in one direction toward either the left or right side. You can change the draw from right to left on a traverse drapery rod by restringing the cord through the rod.
Similarly, how do you adjust curtain rods? Adjusting a Tension Rod:
- Remove or shift the existing curtain. If curtain rings are holding the curtain to the tension rod, remove the curtain rings.
- Loosen the tension rod. Grasp the tension rod near one end cap and pull downward.
- Adjust the tension and length of the rod.
- Test the tension rod.
- Replace the curtain.
Also, how do you fix a traverse curtain rod?
Replace broken slides so the rod continues to function as intended and the curtains do not sag.
- Unhook the curtains from the rod.
- Pull the string so that the slides move toward the ends of the rod.
- Lift the rod from the brackets.
- Pull the finial closest to the broken slide off the drapery rod.
How does a traverse rod work?
Traverse rods have clips or eyes that move along a track embedded in a slot in the rod. The eyes have a small opening for the curtain pins and they'll run evenly across the rod, with the number of eyes dependent on how long the rod is. A cord runs through the rod, too, and is attached to a master slide or pulley.