Asked by: Arcenia Holtgrebestyle and fashion bath and shower
How do you adjust the water temperature on a Moen shower valve?
Last Updated: 30th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Thereof, how do you adjust the temperature on a Moen shower valve?
How to Adjust the Temperature on a Moen Anti-Scald Shower Faucet
- Unscrew the nut on the bottom of your shower handle with an Allen wrench.
- Move the dial on the front of the stem either clockwise or counterclockwise, depending on how you want to adjust the water temperature.
- Set the handle back on the stem and tighten the Allen nut, securing the handle in place.
Secondly, what is a Moen Posi Temp valve? A PosiTemp faucet is a temperature-sensitive shower faucet manufactured exclusively by Moen. But because of its temperature-sensitive design, a Moen PosiTemp valve prevents children and adults from getting scalded or hit by an unexpected blast of icy-cold water while taking a shower.
In this manner, how do I adjust the water temperature on a single handle shower valve?
Adjust the Shower Valve
- Remove the handle. You may need a screwdriver to do this.
- Take off the metal cover beneath the handle, exposing the valve stem.
- Turn the RSL two notches in whichever direction desired, then put the RSL back in place.
- Replace the faucet handle, then test the mixture of hot and cold water.
How do you adjust a mixing valve?
To adjust the mixed outlet temperature of the valve, remove the cap to gain access to the adjusting spindle. The spindle should be rotated-clockwise to reduce the temperature, counter-clockwise to increase the temperature until the desired set point is reached.