Asked by: Arcenia Holtgrebestyle and fashion bath and shower
How do you adjust the water temperature on a Moen shower valve?
Thereof, how do you adjust the temperature on a Moen shower valve?
How to Adjust the Temperature on a Moen Anti-Scald Shower Faucet
- Unscrew the nut on the bottom of your shower handle with an Allen wrench.
- Move the dial on the front of the stem either clockwise or counterclockwise, depending on how you want to adjust the water temperature.
- Set the handle back on the stem and tighten the Allen nut, securing the handle in place.
In this manner, how do I adjust the water temperature on a single handle shower valve?
Adjust the Shower Valve
- Remove the handle. You may need a screwdriver to do this.
- Take off the metal cover beneath the handle, exposing the valve stem.
- Turn the RSL two notches in whichever direction desired, then put the RSL back in place.
- Replace the faucet handle, then test the mixture of hot and cold water.
To adjust the mixed outlet temperature of the valve, remove the cap to gain access to the adjusting spindle. The spindle should be rotated-clockwise to reduce the temperature, counter-clockwise to increase the temperature until the desired set point is reached.