Asked by: Mariel Petriciahobbies and interests woodworking
How do you anchor down a swing set?
Last Updated: 26th April, 2020
- Position the swing set and mark the location of each legwith a shovel.
- Dig holes at each point where you marked the ground with yourshovel.
- Drill holes into the sides of each leg of the swingset.
- Place the plate of a concrete anchor at the bottom sideof each leg.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, can you put a swing set on concrete?
The safest way to set up a metal swing setis to anchor the legs in concrete. Swing sets simplyset on the ground will rock back and forth,especially when more than one child is swinging at a time.The rocking can gain momentum and cause the swing setto tip over.
Furthermore, how deep should a swing set post be? Make each hole 24 inches deep and 12 to 14 inchesacross. Stand one post into each hole.
Additionally, how do you level a swing set area?
How to Level Ground for a Swing Set
- Measure out the area for the swing set.
- Start at the lowest spot in your area and dig down 2inches.
- Check the level both ways by laying a 2-x-4 board down on itsside and placing a carpenter's level on top.
- When the entire area is level, assemble the swing set.
What can I put on the ground under my swing set?
Recommended Materials to Put Under a SwingSet. We recommend putting rubber mats, wood chips,rubber mulch, pea gravel or sand under swingsets.