Asked by: Hind Nadeemhobbies and interests painting
How do you Antique latex paint?
Last Updated: 21st February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, how do you make paint look rustic?
- Prepare Your Space. Start by laying down drop cloths and preparing the area.
- Sand and Clean the Piece. Sand the surface of the piece.
- Paint the Piece.
- Apply Wax and Top Layer of Paint (Optional)
- Distress the Piece with Sandpaper and Steel Wool.
- Apply a Stain (Optional)
- Protect the Finished Piece with Polyurethane.
Beside above, can you use antique wax over latex paint? Wax as a top coat, does not apply when you have used Latex paint because as you may know- Latex has a rubbery surface and the wax cannot penetrate it. Latex literally floats on the surface - which is why you always use a primer first to give the Latex paint something to "bite" to. No Dark Wax has been applied yet.
Accordingly, how do you antique paint?
- Prep Furniture. Remove the piece's doors and hardware.
- Sand Surface. Whether your piece is new and unfinished or old and has a worn finish, sanding is the first step to create a clean surface before applying paint.
- Prime and Paint.
- Sand Again.
- Apply Stain.
- Apply Polyurethane.
Can you distress with latex paint?
Yes you can distress furniture paint with regular flat latex paint. A flat latex paint is easy to sand and you can use my vinegar and water distressing technique . You can layer two colors, and create lots of the looks if you use flat latex paint. Latex paint can be expensive too depending on the brand.