Asked by: Zitounia Fulledahome and garden indoor environmental quality
How do you attach a metal railing to a deck?
Last Updated: 2nd March, 2020
- Step 1 – Plan. Plan your project in advance toensuresafety and adherence to building codes.
- Step 2 – Mark.
- Step 3 - Measure and Cut.
- Step 4 – Drill.
- Step 5 - Mount Uprights to Deck Floor.
- Step 6 – Attach Top Rail.
Click to see full answer.
Herein, what is code for deck railing?
TheIRCrequires guardrails to be at least 36" in height measured fromthedeck surface to the top of the rail.Commercialdecks attached to multifamily buildings regulatedunder theInternational Building Code (IBC) require 42"highguardrails.
One may also ask, how high should a deck railing be? The IRC requires guardrails to be at least 36" inheight,measured from the deck surface to the top of therail.Commercial decks attached to multi-familybuildings, such asapartment buildings or businesses, are regulatedunder theInternational Building Code (IBC). The IBC requires 42"highguardrails.
One may also ask, how do I attach a wooden railing to concrete?
How to Attach a Wooden Railing to a ConcretePorch
- Measure on the concrete where each post will be placed.Havesomeone hold the railing on the porch, then mark where thepostswill go.
- Place the bolt-down post holders on the concrete.
- Mark each hole on the post holder.
- Make the holes in the concrete with a hammer drill andbit.
How do you attach deck boards?
Install decking with 3"pressure-treatedcompatible deck screws instead of nails. Usetwo nails foreach joist to deck board connection. Locatescrews about3/4" from the edges of boards. Startinstalling deckboards at the outside of the deck andwork towards thehouse wall.