Asked by: Judson Dubikcareers resume writing and advice
How do you avoid salary questions?
Last Updated: 2nd April, 2020
- Be willing to enter a blank.
- Turn the question back on the recruiter.
- Come prepared with questions about the jobdescription.
- Bring a range that focuses on the job, not on yourhistory.
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, how do you avoid salary expectations?
To help the conversation go smoothly and make sure you geta fair salary, here are a few additional pointers:
- Aim high. Once you know the average salary range for aposition, consider padding your expectations.
- Be confident. Some employers are interested in your answer aswell as your delivery.
- Explain your reasoning.
Secondly, how do you answer the question what are your salary expectations? Tips for Giving the Best Answer. Say you'reflexible. You can try to skirt the question with a broadanswer, such as, “My salary expectations are inline with my experience and qualifications.” Or, “Ifthis is the right job for me, I am sure we can come to an agreementon salary.”
Likewise, how do you state your salary requirements?
Salary requirements can be included inyour cover letter with sentences such as "My salaryrequirement is negotiable based upon the job responsibilitiesand the total compensation package," or "My salaryrequirement is in the $25,000 to $35,000+ range."
Is it OK to ask salary range before interview?
If you plan to take the job no matter what, wait untilthey bring up salary. If you are only willing to take thejob if it meets specific salary requirements, ask forthe salary information up front. You might find that theperson arranging for the interview is authorized to share ageneral salary range.