Asked by: Sharon Mojaiskovhome and garden landscaping
How do you care for tumbling tomatoes?
Last Updated: 8th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Similarly one may ask, when can I plant tumbling tomatoes outside?
- Once the plants are 10cm tall, they can be planted in the hanging basket or container.
- Greenhouse grown plants can be planted April onwards.
- Carry on feeding weekly.
- Being a trailing variety Tomato tumbling tom red does not need any support as it grows.
- Pests & Diseases.
Also Know, do you need to pinch out Tumbling Tom tomatoes? They are self-branching, so other than pinching the tip out when you plant, there is no need to do anything else to them, unlike other tomato varieties. Tumbling Tom produces a massive crop of firm, round fruit all summer long - each one packed with sweet, delicious juice. Perfect fresh and in salads.
Consequently, what are the best tomatoes for hanging baskets?
Heirloom Tomato Varieties for Hanging Baskets
- Baxter's Early Bush Cherry Tomato. Heirloom, determinate, 72 days, red, cherry (1 ½” round)
- Whippersnapper Tomato.
- Floragold Basket Tomato.
- Florida Basket.
- Micro Tom Tomato.
- Tumbling Tom Tomato.
- Red Robin Tomato.
- More lists of tomato varieties.
Should you prune tumbling tomatoes?
Care and Watering It's not necessary to trim side shoots with determinate varieties like 'Tumbling Tom. ' They give the plant its appealingly full appearance and produce much of its yield. You can use a general-purpose, balanced fertilizer when you transplant to help the plants get established.